David Beckham has offered his friend Prince William some advice on becoming a new father – name the new baby after me.
The former England star struck up a friendship with the heir to the throne during London’s Olympic bid in 2007.
Himself a father-of-four, Becks insisted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both aged 31, will be “amazing” parents in a TV interview before making the cheeky suggestion.
David, 38, and wife Victoria, 39, attended William and Kate’s wedding back in 2011.
He said: “They’re going to be amazing parents because they are so loving towards children.
“We’ve seen William grow from that young boy into an unbelievable gentleman. And that as a father is really important.”
Asked about a name for the child which will be third in line to the throne, he added: “David’s pretty good, if it’s a boy of course.”
- David Beckham suggests Kate Middleton name baby after him – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- David Beckham Thinks Kate Middleton’s Baby Should be Named After Him! (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- David Beckham Picks Royal Baby Name: David, If It’s a Boy (people.com)
- Beckham suggests Kate name baby after him (nydailynews.com)
- David Beckham drops royal baby hints (stuff.co.nz)
- David Beckham: ‘Will and Kate’s baby should be called David’ (sportsmole.co.uk)
- The Final Kountdown: Will David Beckham Be Naming The Royal Baby? (hollyscoop.com)
- Royal baby: David Beckham backs Kate Middleton and Prince William to be ‘amazing parents’ (metro.co.uk)
- Call royal baby David, says Beckham (itv.com)
- David Beckham suggests royal baby name (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)