As we anxiously await the birth of the regal bundle of joy, we’re taking a moment to look back at one of our favorite things about Kate Middleton’s pregnancy: her fabulous maternity wardrobe!
Sure, we may have had to wait a few months into the naturally slender Duchess of Cambridge’s pregnancy until we first started to spy a burgeoning bump, but once her belly started to swell, the Prince William’s wife proved that her changing figure definitely wasn’t going to cramp her legendarily chic sense of style.
PHOTOS: Check out more of Kate Middleton’s stylish outfits
For starters, the British beauty continued her well known practice of reaching for high and low clothing items. In fact, one of our absolute favorite pregnancy looks from the royal, the pretty polka dot dress she wore during a tour of the Warner Bros. film studio in Leavesden, England, back in April, was from high street retailer Topshop.
Apparently, Middleton was a fan of the frock too, recycling it the very next month for a friend’s wedding, where she ditched the tailored Ralph Lauren blazer she wore with the dress the first time around in favor of a jaunty fascinator. The public was definitely in love with girly look too, clearing out Topshop’s stock of the $76 frock mere hours after the mom-to-be debuted it!
But some of the expectant royal’s best pregnancy looks weren’t available to her fashion fans. On her second anniversary to Prince William, she absolutely glowed in a custom-made taupe shift dress, which she paired with a pretty peach Tara Jarmon jacket and her go-to L.K. Bennett pumps. A few days earlier, she showed off her growing baby bump in a charming pastel blue Emilia Wickstead empire waist dress and Rupert Sanderson heels.
Middleton also sported some bold colors and punchy prints throughout the past nine months. We absolutely adored the sunny style statement she made in a bright yellow ensemble—again by Emilia Wickstead—that had her looking as fresh as a flower at the annual Buckingham Palace garden party in May.
NEWS: Royal raby rundown: everything we know about Kate Middleton & Prince William’s birthing plans
Steve Dunlop; JOHN STILLWELL/AFP/Getty Images; Splash News
And speaking of flowers, the 31-year-old was in full bloom in a feminine floral Erdem dress for a visit to the Willows Primary school in April. Perhaps the only patterned look we enjoyed more on the pregnant duchess, was the playful Hobbs Dalmation print dress she wore for her last pre-baby solo public appearance for a Royal Princess cruise ship christening. We’re so used to seeing Middleton in classic styles that the cheeky print brought an instant smile to our faces.
We expect the first-time mother will continue to wow us post-baby, and can’t wait to see what darling looks she—and the royal baby!—will wow us with in the months to come!
Which Kate Middleton maternity look is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
- David Beckham: Kate Middleton, Prince William Will Be “Amazing Parents (hollywoodrama.wordpress.com)
- Kate Middleton’s 6 Best Maternity Looks: Cute Coats & Pretty Pastels (hollywoodlife.com)
- Royal baby: Camilla hopeful Kate Middleton will give birth ‘by the end of the week’ (metro.co.uk)
- Kate Middleton’s Fanciest Hat Repeats (celebuzz.com)
- Prince William Rushes Back To Kate Middleton After Polo Match (hollywoodlife.com)
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Baby Is Already a Billionaire! (hollywoodrama.wordpress.com)
- Pippa Middleton Partying On Kate Middleton’s Due Date, Royal Baby Really Due This Week? (PHOTOS) (hngn.com)
- Pregnant Kate reportedly at Middleton family home (hellomagazine.com)
- Kate Middleton due date past? When will Kate have her baby? (examiner.com)
- 7 New Developments On Prince William’s & Kate Middleton’s Royal Baby! (radaronline.com)